Inline Magnetic Trap, “T” Traps Magnetic Liquid Filter Separator, Standard Pipeline Magnetic Separator, In-Line Liquid Trap, Magnetic Trap, Hopper Magnets, Magnetic Separator Filter, Liquid Trap Magnets for Separation, Industrial Pipeline Magnet, T-trap magnetic separators made in China supplier Inline Magnetic Trap Item No. HS-OS series The Liquid Pipeline Magnetic Separator, also known as a Magnetic […]
Sm2Co17 Strong Rare Earth Magnets, Powerful SmCo Permanent Magnet, super power samarium cobalt magnets, Strong Sintered SmCo Magnets, Buy Sm2Co17 Magnet China Supplier
Sm2Co17 Strong Rare Earth Magnets for aerospace, defense industry, microwave devices, communications, medical equipments, instruments, wind power, a variety of magnetic drives, sensors, magnetic processors, high-end motors… Samarium Cobalt SmCo is the alternative Rare Earth magnet. It is often used in aerospace, automotive and military applications. It is usually weaker than NdFeB Neodymium at room temperature.
Samarium Cobalt Sm2Co17 is capable of use in extremes of cold and heat. It also has very high coercivity making it ideal for high temperature motor applications. Samarium Cobalt also has extremely good temperature coefficients making the magnet output very stable with small changes in temperature. It is very popular in mission critical sensing applications.
Advantages of Samarium Cobalt Sm2Co17 Magnets
• Can be used in extremely cold conditions (e.g. to a few Kelvin above absolute zero).
• SmCo can be used up to +300 degrees C (572F); the H rated versions up to +350 degrees C (662F).
• High coercivity (Hci) to resist demagnetisation.
• Above +150 to +180 degrees C (302-356F) the SmCo starts to offer more performance than NdFeB grades.
• SmCo is regarded as being corrosion resistant.
• Very low field strength change with varying temperature.
Disadvantages of Samarium Cobalt Magnets
• Sm2Co17 should be given a protective coating when in very damp conditions to minimise any surface corrosion risk (Sm1Co5 does not rust as it contains no iron).
• Generally higher cost than NdFeB.
• All magnets are brittle but SmCo is the most brittle.
Typical Applications of Samarium Cobalt
• High temperature Motors and Generators
• Military applications
• Automotive (sensors)
• Aerospace (sensors)
• Magnetic pump couplings
• Oil drilling applications
• Cryogenic applications
A magnetic pump coupling was required to cope with high temperatures up to and possibly over +300 degrees C (572F).
We supplied the H rated SmCo which will cope with temperatures up to +350 degrees C (662F).